Thursday, September 6, 2012

whips and chains...


Riding in the new whip, flossing silvery chains
what the forefathers ran from is what I'm trying to gain  [whips & chains]
I hide behind the glow to conceal my eyes and pain
speak my mind or hold my tongue. no cause for refrain
sold my soul for the whip, pull up to a fine dame
eyes get lost in the rims. these hoes are all the same
blasting stereo in my ears, I'll be deaf before my age
can't control myself. only emotion I show is rage
want people to read me but will only show one page
looking for help but won't allow myself to be saved
in my elder's words: I get all the blame
so I walk my own footsteps and go against the grain
me care what you think? must be insane
my mission is me so no need to complain
dressed to the tee, gotta image to maintain
saying I care more how I look than whats in my brain
I got that work if you need it, that pure cocaine
Oh, you're a shooter; can tell by your bruised up veins
I stay killing my own people, Saddam Hussein
whatever for the dollar. should of stayed in their lane
I know more about my lawyer than I do my own child
baby mother gets her money. so what I been absent for a while
my little man has my blood so I know he'll be versatile
got more kids than fingers, but sticking around ain't my style
I'm too busy making money and watching the money pile
my pops wasn't here, left my mother down the aisle
my life became a courtroom and my actions are the trial
yea, I spit a little game. women's feeling are too fragile
I got what I want, she got hers. she already knew the profile
so when she picked up that phone and started to dial
she knew the response, and arguing was futile
I been stopped caring about anything but myself
and doing, saying, or killing whoever to build my wealth
I don't care that I'm a reason for the black family's fall
I don't care so many are fatherless, don't give one damn at all
I don't care that my life will mean nothing in the end
I don't care my acts destroy generations, leaving no amends
I don't care that my forefathers ran from the whips and chains

I know I'm running toward what they were running from, to me that's all there is to gain

No comments:

Post a Comment